Quagmire Of Love

#Day2 #NaPoWriMo #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour 
for the prompt 'and I rose from the ashes'



I wished for the calm of the sea
you thundered like a vicious storm
I wished for the warmth of your heart
you erupted like a volcano
the embers in my heart refused to die down
and I rose from the ashes

I longed to go on a voyage
you burnt all the bridges
I wanted to write epics of love
you scalded my memories
the embers in my heart refused to die down
and I rose from the ashes

I dreamt of a fairytale wedding
you sold me into a hellhole
I wanted to share warm meals with you
You unleashed the vultures on me
the embers in my heart started dying
I was getting sucked into the quagmire

I sat by the river, watching the waves glide
and felt the dead weight pulling me down
I knew when the water flows
it's time for the rot to go
I needed to leave before
you buried me in the bottomless pit

a bottle of scalding potion splashed your way
flames of my wrath charred the hellhole
and I rose from the ashes,
to explore the skies like a free bird
to go on voyages, all alone
to write the epics of love, but my own.

Comments

Popular Posts