Embrace Of The Artful Rain

     
                                                             image credit: my own

It's drizzling again. The gentle lilt of rain
sonorous, wondrous - the pitter-patter
the droplets dance on the frosted glass pane
carving patterns and designs of their own.

I look into the rearview mirror
she sleeps in the back seat
cozy and warm in her wooly blanket.
Ah! music to my ears - her little snores.

It was another dark, sultry night.
Do you know there's an art in rain
you had asked me, nudging me playfully.
Show me the art, I grinned mischievously.

Thunder and lightning announced
the arrival of ardent clouds
parched earth shed all inhibitions
and sang a sensuous tune.

Unmoored, our passion soared to a new high
and descended to embrace the seed
created that night was our finest piece of art-
the little moppet in the back seat.

#NaPoWriMo #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour #Day20 #Rain





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts