Whispering Willows


I watch them sprint - the shooting stars
- unblinking, I capture them in quaint jars.
I don't wish upon them anymore
But should I? I wonder.

I watch them shiver-the trees of autumn-
and snuggle closer as if to keep bare bodies warm.
Do they also congregate at nights, share their sorrows
mourn over felled siblings, rage over human avarice?

Leaves rustle. Did the willows whisper for me, a silent prayer?
do they know the bleeding cross I bear
the brazen whispers, the barbs shot purposefully
by ruthless humans, the scars they left on me?

they have grown roots - seeds of mockery and scorn
nourished by my self-pity and derision.
But no longer will I let them thrive
I am stronger, wiser. Not gullible and naive.

tonight I sit alone and lop the white noise and darkness
into tiny pearls, string them into a melodious verse
I gather the cobwebs and fashion a gossamer yarn
A beautiful filigree awaits me, in a golden new morn.

#NaPoWriMo #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour #Day18 #Whispers




           




Comments

Popular Posts