Ruthless Time

time
routine, schedule
everything was perfect
then unknown to me
why when where
it started going haywire
getting slotted into minutes and hours
time

life
became ugly, with patchworks all over
scraped an hour for dinner
for the kids I could manage just thirty minutes
one day the daughter's test
the son's would be the next
lost were the days of fun and frolic
in meeting the deadlines and accompanying panic

oh!
sacrificed today again will be
the thirty precious minutes of 'me
time' because the kids have brought
the latest blockbuster movie's tickets
tomorrow these three hours
will have to be adjusted, compensated
priorities will have to be re-allocated

how ruthless is this
time!

in between the addition subtractions
of earning and expenditure, the calculations,
the strife for the family's sustenance
started slipping through the fingers
like fine sand are loving relationships
forgotten are moments of peace
it's taking a toll-this madness-
on heart to heart communications

how I wish
I could get some time with this time
so that I could narrate the tragedy
of my life, and could plead
for some extra minutes, extra time
in each day

But sadly, no
not today
because today
I don't have
even a minute for
time.

#NaPoWriMo #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour #Day15 #Time

Comments

Popular Posts