A Solemn Embrace


 
A bit pensive, or do they look upset?
they stand still, rooted to the ground
unwilling to do a happy jig
I cradle them, soothe them.

Just a few days of separation
and they seem to be in despair
'did you miss me? I nudge them.
They turn away, piqued. 

A gentle word of endearment
a bit of hand holding and patting
a tight clasp of understanding
a loving embrace is all they ask for. 

I envelope them tenderly and they perk up
rewarding me with a merry blossom and bountiful fruit 
a quick bear hug, a cuddle-a-day                       
is what our relationship is built upon.

We snuggle close for warmth on cold days, 
nurture each other when hot winds blow  
cling together for strength and support 
in dark, desolate, gloomy times.

I encircle them, nuzzle them
give a little squeeze of assurance
a promise of not deserting them ever 
for entwined together is our destiny

me and my green friends-the trees and plants.

Happy Earth Day!




#NaPoWriMo #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour #Day22 #Synonyms

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts